Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Interview with a Frankster

So I worked up some courage to ask my husband some questions posed as a challenge from Sherri, my friend at Matter of Fact. The questions are designed to reveal a little bit about what I treasure most as seen by a person closest to me...and they are sometimes those loaded questions that are hard to ask. And the rules are that I had to post what Frank REALLY said. He was a little dubious at first...but the man loves me and humored me. Enjoy!

1. WHAT IS MY FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD?
Dove chocolate.

(Too true. I could eat bags and bags of it.)


2. IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT, WHERE WOULD I LIKE TO GO ON VACATION?
Barcelona, Spain

(Hard to pick just one. I hate making choices like this. But I did adore Barcelona when I was there with my mom and dad and would love to go back there someday with Frank and I have told him that a few times. That is a city with some magic...)

3. HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT HOUSEWORK?
Laundry is of the devil. Dishes are worse.

(Haha. I don't mind laundry so much...just the fact it never ends! And yes, dishes ARE worse.)

4. WHAT IS MY LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
Probably dishes.

(Yup. The dishwasher has helped a lot, though. I've stopped cussing out the silverware.)

5. WHAT BRINGS ME THE MOST JOY?
When I answer stupid questions on blog surveys for you.

(Um...he might have been a little reluctant to do this. Can you tell? But he said it with a touch of humor. And it DID make me happy.)

6. I HAVE A SATURDAY WITH NO COMMITMENTS. HOW WOULD I SPEND IT?
In your pjs.

(True. 'Nuff said.)

7. WHAT IS MY GREATEST GIFT?
There's so many, how do I pick just one...(Dead pan and sarcastic. Gotta love Frank. It takes spending some time with the man before you can tell if he's joking or not. 99% of the time, he is. Hard to convey that in writing.) Is that it? (Meaning, are the questions done yet? I said "No.")
You harmonize well.

(I would say that IS the thing I really love to do and am happy to do well. And a huge compliment from a multi-talented musician such as my hubby.)

8. WHAT IS MY GREATEST TALENT?
(Here we got into a discussion about what a gift was versus a talent. We settled on a gift being something God given that you just can "do" while a talent is something you can improve with practice??) Music, I guess.

(Well, if you go by that definition, that's an area where I've practiced and improved a lot over the years! And it's a talent that I'd be lost without. I might have answered something people related, though, like the ability to get along with pretty much anyone...)


9. WHAT IS MY GREATEST FEAR?
Nuclear holocaust. (Again. Deadpan.) No...one of the kids getting hurt.

(True. Or Frank getting hurt/dying.)


10. WHAT IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE?
When you can't communicate with them.

(Interesting answer. And probably true. I hate it when I feel like I'm not getting a clear message across to someone or I don't get what they are trying to convey to me. Or if I simply can't get a hold of them when I NEED to tell them something. Maybe that's more of what he meant... Anyway, it bothers me a lot if I feel like there isn't peace between myself and someone else.)

11. WHAT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF THE BIBLE?
Isaiah. (What?! Seems like a strange book to name. Then he reminded me of a song I wrote around Isaiah 40:28-31, some of my favorite verses.) How many songs have you written about Ruth? (Uh, zero, even though I like that book, too.)

(I really didn't know what to answer on this, different books for different times, so I think it was a good answer.)


12. WHAT DO I HATE MOST ABOUT MY BODY?
Scalp.

(True. Sometimes it's just flaky and gross and nothing has worked yet to make it go away.)


13. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MY BEST FEATURE?
(He smiled. Said nothing. Then...) Your booty. (What!!) Well, do you want me to be honest? (Yeah. I laughed.) Your legs are a close second.

(I'm glad those are good features, really, but um...something above my rear should have honorable mentions! My lips, my eyebrows..something!)


14. WHAT IS MY MOST ANNOYING HABIT?
You tell me about your dreams that don't make sense and it's obvious I don't care, but you keep telling me anyway.

(Whew. I was kind of afraid of this one. That's not so bad. I'm not telling you what I thought he would say. And I HAVE woken him up many, many times to tell him about some crazy dream I just had...or told him all about it first thing in the morning when he hasn't had a chance to wake up yet.)

So there you have it, folks! Frank said he'd be monitoring this post to make sure I told the truth...I'm sure all comments will be monitored as well.

I did learn quite a bit from this. Later we talked a little about what really does bring me joy. It surprised me how hard of a question that was to answer for me AND him. We both kind of avoided it! I guess it reflects that sometimes life as a stay at home mom is harder on me than I think, and that is seen in my actions- especially at home. I trust Frank and the kids to love me even at my worst; they get the true me whether they want it or not! But on the flip side, it might be time to intentionally SHOW a little more joy to those closest to me, because they DO bring me great joy. If joy is a Fruit of the Spirit I'm lacking, it might not hurt to ask God to develop that in me, too. ;)

Soooo...are you up for the challenge?? All you have to lose is a little pride...

8 comments:

Helen said...

I almost had him yesterday, but then the phone rang. Dang.

Amy said...

He's right...you harmonize extremely well. I love singing with you (even though we never do anymore!). You have a sweet hubby.

Candy said...

Did I hear a giant SLAP sound when he said "your booty?" Hilarious!

katdish said...

Oh, yeah...

We could TOTALLY plant a church together.

Stephanie Wetzel said...

Loved Frank's answers.

I guess I should really get around to interviewing Charlie... but oh darn! He's out of town until tomorrow night! Oh well! I'll just have to enjoy all of your interviews.

Beth said...

Helen and Steph, I cannot WAIT for your interviews.

Amy, thank you once again for suggesting Frank and I sit next to each other in the car some 9 years ago... ;)

Candy...It's no surprise that our children walk around saying "Booty, booty, booty!" while shaking their little booties...

Kathy...THAT'S your comment? That scares me. And makes me happy. God might have put us in different parts of the country for a reason...

Annie K said...

Candy, it was probably a slap ON the booty. (I thought that was a very good answer. Oh yeah.)

Jennifer Pedersen said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment but hopefully it's a helpful one. The Ogles-blog recommended your blog and I just wanted to check it out. I noticed your "scalp" answer and you may have already tried it but I got "Nizoral" shampoo that is now over-the-counter and it worked miracles on my daughter! She now has a very healthy scalp and it was very noticeable after just one use. You only have to use it a couple times a week or when you're having a problem and just regular shampoo in between. It's about $11 for a small bottle but it is WELL WORTH the money! We just recently found it and I love to pass the word on of things that really do the trick.