Yeah. I know. Someday I'll probably cave and eat each delicious word found here in this post. But, for now, this is why I'm staying clear of Twitter:
1. I have the temptation of being on the computer too much each day. God and I talk about this. Right now we've found a pretty good balance. That oh so delicate balance could be in jeopardy with Twitter. (Ya hear that, Frank? I'm admitting that SOMETIMES I'm on the computer too much. Gook luck getting me to say it out loud.)
2. Twitter seems to be much more useful for those on the go who can update their statuses and read those of others from their super cool computer/phone/pda/cuisinart devices. I have no such device. I don't need one. I don't want one. And if I had one, I'd just be at home by the real computer anyway....see reason number one.
3. People (*cough* KATDISH!) have told me I need to be on Twitter. Therefore, I will not be. You are not the boss of me.
4. It seems to be full of advertising. I get too much of that from the computers that call me each day to tell me my warranty on my car is expired. Silly computers. Don't they know that I've never owned a car new enough to HAVE a warranty on it?
5. You have to keep your words under a certain word count. Have you READ my posts? Have you read my COMMENTS? I'm not a person of few words in cyberspace. Trying to whittle down what I'm thinking to 140 characters or whatnot will just cause me to spend MORE time on the computer. (Back to reason one again...)
6. Half of my tweets would be about changing diapers or feats like installing toilet seats. You get enough of that if you're my facebook friend. I know, I know, you can feed your twittery tweeties to facebook, but I like things the way they are. See reason three.
So, if you love Twitter...awesome. Tell me about it. I'll listen and be excited for you. I can see how it can be good to network with people and communicate stuff and have a little fun and brighten your day. But if you tell me to join, be prepared to be kicked in the cyber shins. Because I am stubborn and I don't want any more computer temptation. Now if you tell me Twitter will pay me crazy amounts of money or do the dishes for me, THEN we will talk. You'll have to excuse me...the baby is trying to eat VHS tapes. That's right. They go in a VCR. Did I mention I'm stubborn...and perhaps slightly technology resistant?
P.S. You are not the boss of me.
- ► 2013 (21)
- ▼ May (7)