Thursday, October 8, 2009

Before the Day

Couldn't have written a more fitting song for my heart this week!

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.




Before the Day- NewSong

Last night when I was sleeping
You were watching over me
While I dreamt about tomorrow
You knew my every need

Now another day is waiting
For me to make it through
And there's no way that I could face it without You

Before the day slips away
I want to stop and say
I love You I love You
Before the world rushes in again
I want to stop and say there's none above You
There's none above You
I'll just be still and know You are God
Be still and know You are God

There's something about the morning
The stillness of it all
It calms my heart to hear You
When You gently call

Here I am in Your presence
Where I long to be
Alone with You in the silence
Bring down Your love and Your mercy
Whisper softly to me

2 comments:

katdish said...

Beautiful. I need more silence in my life these days.

Sherri Murphy said...

ahhh....the sound of silence. Beautiful.