Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seasons Change...God Doesn't

We have a big maple tree in our front yard. Every year around this time, the leaves turn to a brilliant yellow and then fall to the ground in a great golden piles. I love to jump in the piles...but raking them? Not my cup o' tea. ;)

As the leaf color hits its peak this year, I find that the season in my life is also changing. I will be starting a new job! Weighing the pros and cons to working full-time again (outside the home...the kids are a 24/7 job- ha!) was tough. But as childcare quickly fell into place and much encouragement came from friends and family...God seemed to say, "I've got a new challenge just for you, Beth..." I'm not sure I even got totally comfortable with my season of being at home or working part-time at the pre-school! But...God never promised us comfort, did he?

I'll be working with high school students in Vincennes, Indiana. I really, really love this age group and miss working with teenagers a lot. Pray for us as we make the transition as a family...things might get a little bumpy as we iron out the new normal! There's also a little funny feeling in my stomach that happens when you walk into something unfamiliar...what will it REALLY be like...so hopefully that will disappear soon. But I'm confident that God has some good stuff for me in the road ahead...to impact some lives at the crucial point of childhood meets adulthood...and to teach ME more than I can imagine right now.

And the blog? I hope to keep posting from time to time. I do try to keep up with the blogs and friends I have come to love so much in the past 15 months or so...but if I don't comment for awhile, I still love ya! :)

So...to recap: the me that was me when I started the blog...not me anymore. Again.
Ecclesiastes 3 comes to mind (good chapter!).

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.




P.S. In case I don't get the change to devote a real post to it...Happy 3 years to HealingPointe Community Church!

7 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

God's blessings to you Beth. Sounds like a wonderful new season awaits you.

Candy said...

Praying for you as you embark on this exciting journey. May you feel His hand on you every day!

Amy said...

Hope things get off to a great start with your new job! Sure, it will be some adjusting for the family, but you have a helpful hubby. You all will do fine. And what a blessing you will be to those students! Thanks for sharing that verse....it's a great one.

Annie K said...

I'm excited for you Beth and am glad you are realizing the changes going on. It's all for good!

Chris for Connected at the Crossroads said...

You are truly a blessing wherever you are, Beth! I'm excited for you and especially excited that we'll get to see more of a certain kindergartner that is very special to us! May God continue to bless you with His peace. We're here if you need us.

katdish said...

Very excited for you.

You need to get twitter on your cell phone...

Just saying.

Helen said...

God bless, hon.

Embrace the crock pot...