I generally don't like surveys. But I like these questions. And I like Katdish who sent it my way. Plus, if I don't comply I might be picked up by the Scrooge Police and we can't have that happening now, can we?
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just Copy this entire blogpost and paste into a new blogpost that you can post to your own blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love to use wrapping paper. I have more fun wrapping than shopping. But sometimes time dictates an occasional use of the gift bag.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. Bought at Wal-Mart the first year we were married for $13.97. I've come to have a lot of sentimental attachment to this little ugly fake tree. Somehow it seems to defy the torture we put it through each year and we still have all the pieces. If you knew how unorganized I am, you would be impressed by this. I hope to have a real tree sometime soon. We had a real tree every year growing up and I miss them!
3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever I get to it.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Whenever I get to it.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Not really. Kinda makes me gaggy. I would much rather have hot chocolate, hot cider, hot tea, or a good cup of "holiday flavored" coffee to celebrate the season. Cold weather equals hot beverages.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I was seventeen, but I think that counts as a child. I got a guitar. My dad picked it out for me. I named it Gunther. I still have him.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My sister. But I get to shop for a nephew and a niece this year, and that will be lots of fun!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. A little glass one my mom got for me in college. And a fabric finger puppet one for the kids!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
It's one of those things I'd LIKE to do...but never seems to happen...I'm going to go hide now...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
One year the fan in the furnace broke. Our pipes froze and burst. We bought parts to fix everything. Merry Christmas to us.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
White Christmas. Love it.
13. When do you start shopping?
Whenever I get to it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yup. But I'm not telling which ones.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything I didn't cook.
16. Lights on the tree?
Would it be a Christmas tree without them? I think not!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I can't pick just one!! O Come All Ye Faithful, We Three Kings, O Come O Come Emanuel, Mary Did You Know, Breath of Heaven, Welcome to Our World and more top the list. Least favorite Christmas song: Christmas Shoes.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel most of the time. I call it the Tour of Indiana.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star made of styrofoam and aluminum foil my husband made one year because he was mad we didn't have one. It's perfect atop the $13.97 tree. :)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning! No cheating!!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The time with my family always seems to go way too fast.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
One year we got weird and put old high school senior pictures of everyone on our tree. I don't even remember how it started. But it made me laugh almost every day they were on there. Everyone in their 90's high school glory peering at me from a Christmas tree. I hope we didn't have many visitors to the house that year...
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
My mother-in-law is a turkey cooking genius. It's so good. But my mom started making this sweet potato cassarole stuff that also to die for. And then there's the homemade bread. And my grandma always brings pies...HELP!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I never know the answer to that question. I wouldn't be surprised if I am the person who is hard to buy for on other people's lists.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Kathy already named them on hers, but Lisa or Amy might respond!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
Um, Barak Obama?
28. What was your most memorable magical memory from your adulthood?
The year my mom's whole family got together in Oregon for Christmas and my grandparents' 50th anniversary. We were staying in a perfectly victorian bed and breakfast and it snowed. Better than a Thomas Kinkade painting.
29. Have you ever been involved in a Christmas gift prank?
Don't think so.
30. Favorite Christmas Cartoon?
Garfield! "It's a good old fashioned Christmas, down on the farm..."
Followed closely by the California Raisins Christmas Special where they rock out to We Three Kings. But it was clay-mation, so I'm not sure that counts anyway.
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2009 (82)
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Meet Phoebe and Uno
- Meet Baby Jay
- Meet Joey
- Intermission: I Have Picture Capabilities, People...
- Meet Annabelle
- Meet Frank
- A Series of Posts: Meet My Family
- I Love Me Some Raisins
- Procrastination Post or I'd Rather Blog Than Clean...
- If You Love Reading for a Long Time, You'll Love T...
- Coffee, Anyone?
- Where's the Easy Button?
- In Stereo on the Radio
- ▼ November (14)