Happy Saturday! I can't decide what to write about, so I'll just write a little about everything. Try not to get too excited...it's Random Time!
1. Joey's birthday was a success! Despite his lack of enthusiasm for his birthday beforehand, he had a really good day once he figured out that it was a day where he got to pick the activities HE wanted to do and he got things like brownies and a balloon and a even a couple presents. 3 year olds are easy. We played the "Guess Who" game that he got from Aunt Deena and had fun with glue sticks and construction paper. We all watched Peter Pan and he loved that. (I forgot how fun that movie is!) He still claims he's two and tells me "wanna be your wittow(little) boy" every day, but I can understand that. It's hard to grow up sometimes!
2. I visited the Prayer Service for the Wabash Valley International House of Prayer last night at the encouragement of our pastor. The venue is kind of interesting, as it is a prayer chapel in a very old and historic church in Terre Haute, but it has been eclectically decorated with a big modern mural of Jesus on one wall. I dug the old with the new thing. I'm glad Marvin and Sally have come to our neck of the woods to start this ministry. The whole thing gave me a lot of stuff to think about...I think I have a lot to learn about prayer. And the worship was very authentic, not really a style I had ever seen before, but something that was easy to jump into and sing along. I'll probably talk more about this later. Marvin's supposed to speak at our church tonight...
3. Speaking of church, I think we're going to have a media fast for the next week. What's a media fast, you ask? Well...I'm still learning and we'll probably learn more tonight at church...but I think we're all going to stay away from secular media for a week...TV, videos, radio, internet...no hard a fast rules or anything. Many people from church work with computers for a living, so you can't really go all hermit or anything. Just a way to spend more time with God and family for a week and look for some guidance for the year. Sounds good to me! Even though I wouldn't consider my blog or others I read "secular media" really, I think I am going to stay away from blogging for the most part since I DO tend to spend quite a bit of time on it.... I might drop in on the SCL Crazy Love conversation if I actually GET the book before Wednesday (procrastinator!) and check my email to make sure there's nothing I need to add to the stuff I pray for. So all that to say- don't worry about me, because I know you would if I suddenly just didn't respond to anything for a week. I'll be back! And our church is not a cult! (Sorry, inside joke.)
4. I went to the BMV this morning and renewed my license. It came to my attention that my license had expired in August and I didn't even realize it. Oops. I believe I made fun of Frank for this very same thing before, so it was time to eat a big plate of crow. Yummers. Then I put off going for awhile because I am NOT dragging three kids in there on a week day...that's a catastrophe of such epic proportions I can't even go there in my mind. But today was THE day. I prepared myself with a book, some chocolate, and everything else I could think of that they might want or need to prove that I was road worthy. I was pleasantly surprised to find no lines and I walked right up to the counter. We've moved since my last license was issued, so I had to prove my legal address. I had a recent bill to do this, but alas, it only had my husband's name on it and not my own. So I had to come back home and find something with MY name on it. Sigh. It's never that easy. I went back to a short wait, had to do the eye test again, and the lady asked me some lovely questions involving my current weight vs. the weight listed on my license. Then it was picture time. I always forget about the stupid picture. I took the worst picture ever. Even worse than the one when I was pregnant. The lady (approximately 118 years old) made me take off my glasses for the picture...that along with having no make-up on, my hair back, and a gray t-shirt on resulted in a picture that makes me look like a slightly hostile 12 year old elfin boy. Maybe I can get Frank to scan it and I'll post it sometime...good times.
5. This is getting long, so I'd better wrap up, but Baby Jay has been teething and sickly, so pray for him and pray for our patience because it's hard to explain to a 5 month old that his universe has not fallen apart and will get better soon.
- ► 2013 (21)
- You May Be Right, I May Be Crazy
- Love the Lord Your God
- You Might Be a Redneck
- The Future
- If I Don't Number My Thoughts, I Get Confused
- One Giant Snowball of Thoughts in My Brain- Everyt...
- Of Skittles, Dragons, and Chicken Wings...Yes, The...
- Time Warp
- Fast = Slow
- Thoughts and a Song
- Post Holiday Recovery Program
- ▼ January (13)