Thursday, January 29, 2009

You May Be Right, I May Be Crazy

This morning I will pack up the kids, dig my van out of the snow, and drive a good 4 plus hours to my parents house in Ye Olde Plymouth, Indiana, place of my childhood. Alone. Frank's got to go to Chicago (Hi, Helen!) for work today and tomorrow and we'll meet back up tomorrow evening. Then we are off to lovely Fort Wayne, Indiana for a wedding on Saturday. And we guest lead worship for a church on Sunday. So I will be one traveling, busy chica for a few days! I'm sure at one or many points my sanity will be stretched a little, so prayers are appreciated...but on the other hand, at least I'm getting out of the house! :)

5 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

ENjoy a safe and sane trip! My friend Sharon (who has commented on my site a time or two ) is from Fort Wayne! I visited there with her once. It was a VERY nice place. You won't be all that far from me. If the weather wasn't so bad, I would try to crash the wedding reception and come give you a hug!

Helen said...

Beth, I said a prayer for your safety. I will continue to pray for you and your family to be safe on the road. Have a good time at the wedding.

Annie K said...

Beth, have a great time with your folks and I will be praying for safe travels.

Holli Swank said...

Fort Wayne is anything but lovely. Trust me after growing up there. ;-)

Be safe and we'll miss you guys!

Beth said...

Made it to Plymouth fine and dandy and the kids slept most of the way! Hoorah! However, the van ran out of gas in my driveway BEFORE we left, so that was kind of annoying...

Holli- Any town that used to have an ice skating rink in their mall qualifies as lovely to me. :)

Sherri- Um, isn't Sullivan a lot closer to you than Fort Wayne? I googled your town a long time ago, so maybe I just don't remember my geography. You could crash my HOUSE anytime for a hug! Or maybe I'll just crash yours....